Sunday, July 22, 2012

Japan Travel :: Day in Kyoto


Hello all ~! Do you see the picture above ? Obviously this wasn't taken in my hometown so that could only mean one thing! I searched it up on google I WENT TRAVELLING~!!!

(≡^∇^≡)ニャハハ

For the past two weeks I have been off in Japan adventuring around the country to Kyoto, Osaka, Tokyo and more doing many exciting things! Everyone keeps asking me "how was it? how was it?" and all I can say was "awesome" but it really was an unforgettable two weeks.

It's hard to put into words the feelings I had while I was there but just like all holidays it was an amazing adventure that I hope I never forget. It was also my first time travelling alone so it was scary at times but really it made me appreciate all the amazing friends I have in Japan already that let me go around with them and guided me to many amazing places.

(・ω・)b

Today's blogpost as the title suggests is about my day in Kyoto (京都).


NOTE :: There are next to no pictures of me so sorry if that's boring?
I felt awkward at the time to keep asking my friends to take photos of me and because of certain matters I wasn't particularly able to make myself look pretty ^^;




 There were so many different temples in Kyoto that it's hard to remember which ones I went to so I wrote them down.

The first my two friends and I travelled to was Sanjyuusan Gendou (三十三间堂). You couldn't take pictures inside because it is a sacred place but if you google search it there are lots of pictures showing the beautiful golden buddha army inside. It was really amazing how they made them all and it was something very beautiful to see !!!! THERE WAS SO MANY OF THEM OMG




 



From there on we went to Yasaka Jinja (八坂神社) where people go to to have their love fortune taken. My love fortune?

....
...
.....

....
......
...

...

....

It was on the lines of : You will be able to fall in love and have a relationship but it will be painful for you.

(ノ・_・)‥‥…━━━━━

NOOOOOOOOO !!!

So I quickly tied it up and prayed that it wouldn't come true. *phew*

φ(≧_≦)

Now after travelling around so much, instead of having a proper lunch first, my friends and I ended up eating parfaits (パフェ). Parfaits are really amazing in Japan and I always see pictures and it really did not disappoint in the slightest !!!!




 IT TASTED SO SO NICE! I wanted to die from happiness. :D Mine was the one with Kiwi and was the perfect mixture of fruits and maccha (抹茶). Maccha desserts really are the best and it's a shame they aren't popular around the world more!

♪└(=^‥^=)┐ニャ┌(=^‥^=)┘

 Anyway, after feasting on desserts we travelled around more and saw Ginkakuji (銀閣寺) a famous temple with a really beautiful garden and sand structures, Hanamikoujidoori (花見小路) a famous street, and Nanzenji (南禅寺) another amazing temple with a beautiful garden and scenery that we didn't get to fully explore.

















So green and pretty.....



Finally a photo of me !!! (alas not a very nice one and completely unedited @_@)


And another photo with my other friend that took me around Kyoto. THANK YOU AYAKO AND TOMOMI !!!!





Then before it my day was over! Before leaving I went to Kyoto Station and ate dinner with my friends and we all ordered the same dish because it looked so good.


Omurice ! Yum !!! I could never make something this nice at home.

(o゚▽゚)o゚

Anyway, with that my day in Kyoto came to an end and I parted with my friends. Thank you for reading and I can't wait to share more of my adventures from Japan with everyone and hear how jelly you all are. Muahahahahahaah! =3


Currently listening to this.
- Chris