Sunday, July 29, 2012

Japan Travel :: Osaka and Ise


Hello everyone and what a beautiful day it is !  Today is another post from my adventures in Japan. It already feels so long ago since I went but if I don't post them all online eventually I know I'll feel sad about it later so sorry for being so slow.

\(;゚∇゚)/

This post today is from my travels to Osaka (大阪) and Ise Shrine (伊勢神宮) !!! I spent a day at both places and although they are quite different to each other, they were my two stop offs before I ran off to Tokyo for the rest of my holiday.

 (I look kind of dopey but whatever !!! haha)

Both days were incredibly different but fun in different ways. First off however is Osaka !!!! I went there with the girl I was staying with and her mum and we walked around the area called Nanba and did a little shopping and soaked in the sights~!



Osaka was so bustling and full of life and people that I was really hyped up. It was super enjoyable just seeing so many people in one place. To be honest, because of the weather it was a little glum but rain couldn't get my spirits down. ^^

(OMG there was so many animals hanging off the walls. I liked this cow a lot... or is it a bull? Whatever it is, it's so cool :D)

And of course the perfect way to end a day is with a good meal. =3 Onsen egg is particularly nice.


---------------

After Osaka, the next day I travelled to meet friends in Mie prefecture (三重県). I travelled to Ise Shrine with three of my close friends who live close by to it. They were so welcoming and kind that I wish I did more for them to show my appreciation for everything. I really felt very loved and filled with happiness seeing their faces.







Seeing my friends for the first time in so long made me so happpyyyyy. The wanted to take a photo of me in front of a train so I took one (reluctantly) hahaha.

~(=^‥^A

My hair looked nice at the start of the day but was destroyed after walking through rain and hiking around to reach the temple.


 We went to a tofu restaurant and all ate teishoku 定食 style meals, which is like traditional Japanese meals with rice, miso soup and stuff.

Then we went off and travelled to see the Shrine which was out near the mountains and was incredibly peaceful and beautiful. It was very calming to see in real life.

U\(●~▽~●)У

Very healing would be a good way of describing it I think. Hahaha~!
 



Here is me with my friends! I thought I was the only foreigner in the area but the person who took this photo just by chance turned out to be a foreigner too. I SHOULD HAVE BECAME HIS FRIEND XD

O(≧▽≦)O

After seeing the temple though we headed to Okage lane (おかげ横丁). It wasn't overly big but there was so much to do and it was really traditional Japanese style and it was just a really nice atmosphere to relax and have fun at.

This was Maccha shaved ice and had mochi and like red bean (I think that's the translation) in it and IT WAS SO TASTY!!!!



Then after a long day, one of my friends went home and I went off with the other two to enjoy a drink and then head off home filled with tears already missing my friends who I won't see again for a long time.

⊂( TT __ TT )⊃

But even if I can't see them, I know we'll be connected through our friendship and with that happy feeling of always being friends being held in my chest, another blog post is over!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed reading about my experiences! Till next time :D



Currently listening to this.
- Chris